Child care providers often seek assistance and resources to improve the quality of care for their program or home environment. Quality Specialists act as a resource to connect providers or programs to information and opportunities related to Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and ExceleRate Illinois. Quality Specialists consult with programs and providers to help with understanding the current ExceleRate standards as well as provide knowledge of best practices and policies. Quality Specialists offer visits onsite or virtually, training sessions, and Quality Improvement Cohorts that assist programs and providers with furthering their own knowledge of the Environment Rating Scales and best practices for young children.
Our Quality Specialists can provide:
- Assistance in understanding and using the Program Administration Scales (PAS) and Business Administration Scale (BAS). Support includes coaching with directors, teachers, and providers.
- Information and resources on best practices in early care and education.
- Application process guidance for providers and programs.
- Information on preparing for an Environmental Rating Scale Assessment.
- Assistance to providers as they develop and implement Quality Improvement Plans (CQIPS).
- Documentation review for the Program Administration Scale.
- Documentation review for the Business Administration Scale.
- Mentoring and support through role playing and modeling best practices with various interaction scenarios.
- Tailored services to meet your program's specific needs and goals.
- Assistance and support for licensed centers and homes as they strive to enhance the quality of their environment and promote the optimal development and learning for children. Support, training, consultation and resources are offered to assist providers in understanding of quality improvement, as well as participating in ExceleRate Illinois.
Programs who have achieved identified quality benchmarks may be eligible to earn recognition and potential additional funding by participating in ExceleRate Illinois!
The team is also able to provide the following training topics:
- An Introduction to the Environment Rating Scale & Family Child Care Rating Scale
Illinois Action for Children’s Quality Specialists are available at no cost to you through our partnership with the Illinois Department of Human Services. Please complete the form below to get in touch with one of our Quality Specialists.