Expected Outcomes of an Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation Engagement:
- Increased teacher and director/administrator knowledge of child development and ability to intentionally teach social-emotional learning.
- Decrease in use of suspensions and expulsion, as well as instances or perception of behavior challenges in classroom.
- Improved communication between programs and families.
- Increased SEL competencies within adults, including a decrease in adult desire to “control” activities and behaviors.
- Decreased teacher/administrator stress, burnout and turnover.
- Improved quality of relationships between parents and children, teachers and children, teachers and parents, and within teaching teams.
Early Child Hood Mental Health Consultation Approach:
IAFCs ECMHC program utilizes the 360 Bridge Model for Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation Framework for Relationship-based Consulting. This unique approach operationalizes the flow of the Consultation engagement into distinctive, guided phases that are rooted in the relationship between the provider and consultant.